Khagrachari is one of the three (Rangamati, Bandarban and Khagrachari) green, hilly and naturally beautiful districts of Bangladesh. It was recognized as district on 7th November 1983. Before that it was under Ramgarh Sub-division of the district of Chittagong Hill Tracts which was under the reign of the Tripura State, the Arakans and the Sultans in different times before it came under the control of the British East India Company in 1760. Chittagong Hill Tracts was under Chittagong District as a hilly area until it was recognized as independent district in 1867 under the ‘Frontier Tribes Act 22 of 1860.The British India Government divided the Chittagong Hill Tracts from one Circle (Chakma Circle) into three – Chakma, Bomang and Mong Circles in 1881 for collecting taxes easily. Chakma Circle consists of the area of Rangamati Hill District under Chakma Raja. The majority tribe is Chakma. Bomang Circle consists of the area of Bandarban Hill District and the majority tribe is Marma. The Mong Circle consists of the area of the Khagrachari Hill District and the Majority Tribe is Tripura. The chief or the Raja of this circle was selected from the minority Marma population. The ‘circle’ was named after the Tripura dialect the ‘Mun Circle’, but later, the ‘Mun dialect’, was changed and renamed as ‘Mong Circle’. The then Chittagong Hill Tracts comprised of 03 (three) Mahakumas. Ramgarh was one of them which also comprised of 03 (three) Thanas namely Ramgarh, Mahalchari and Dighinala.