Community Policing Unit:
Community Policing means policing with the involvement of the people living in the concerned community. The first concept of community policing was introduced by Mr. Robert Pill, the founder of London Metropolitan Police with the slogan “The police are public and the public are police”. In Bangladesh the concept of community policing was first introduced in Valuka Police Station, Mymensingh in 1992 by the present IGP of Bangladesh Mr. A.K.M Shahidul Haque. At present in every Union of a Police station there is a Unit of Community Police.
Organ gram of Community Police:
|Rank||Number of Posts|
|Social Welfare Secretary||01|
Duties and Responsibilities of Community Policing:
- To take preventive measures to anti-social activities.
- To organize the people of the concerned community against crimes
- To collect information of smuggling, narcotics, terrorism and all other crimes and deliver it to the concerned police stations.
- To take initiatives in order to give legal assistance to the weak sections like women, children and old by the help of concerned police.
- To ensure human rights and individual liberty.
- To ensure public security by patrolling.