CPO means community police officer. He is the chair of a community police forum in the concerned union council. He exchanges information with the concerned police officer related to maintenance of law and order on behalf of the community police forum.
Duties and Responsibilities of CPO:
- To take preventive measures to anti-social activities.
- To organize the people of the concerned community against crimes
- To collect information of smuggling, narcotics, terrorism and all other crimes and deliver it to the concerned police stations.
- To take initiatives in order to give legal assistance to the weak sections like women, children and old by the help of concerned police.
- To ensure human rights and individual liberty.
- To ensure public security by patrolling.