Dighinala Police Station
Dighinala Police Station was established in1906. It has an area of 694.12 square kilometer with a population of 50933 as per 1991 Bangladesh Census. It borders to the north Tripura and Mijuram Provinces of India , to the south Longudo Police Station of Rangamati, to the east Baghaichhari Police Station and to the west Panchhari Police Station. It comprises five Union Councils, 22 mouzas and 145 villages. It has two Out Posts – Babunchhara and Choto Merong and one Camp – Ataltila.
Activities of Thana Police:
- Prevention and detection of crimes and preservation of peace in the area of jurisdiction under the guidance of supervising officers as per the existing criminal laws of the land.
- To file cases (FIR) following primary investigation held by expert police officials.
- To investigate cases filed in police stations or sent from the court.
- To file General Diary (GD).
- To maintain law and order aiming at ensuring safety and security of mass people and their property.
- To issue police clearance certificate.
- To investigate verification report
- To investigate passport issues
- To investigate different complainants
- Submitting police report to the court.
- VIP and VVIP protection.
- To observe Open House Day in the presence of supervising officers.
- To enhance the works of community policing in the area of jurisdiction.
Number of Sanctioned Police Officers and Force:
|Rank||Number of Posts|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (unarmed)||06|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (armed)||00|