Khagrachari Police Stations
Khagrachhari a Union of Mahalchhari Police Station and was upgraded to a police station in 1968. It has an area of 297.92 square kilometer with a population of 61306 as per 1991 Bangladesh Census. It borders to the north Panchhari Police Station, to the south Mahalchhari Police Station, to the east Dighinala Police Station and Longodu Police Station of Rangamati Hill District and to the west Matiranga Police Station. It comprises of one municipality, six Union Councils, 14 mouzas and 25 villages. The district Head Quarters is also situated in this Police Station. It has two Out Posts – Bhaibunchhara and Sadar Out Post and one Camp – Parachara .
Activities of Thana Police:
- Prevention and detection of crimes and preservation of peace in the area of jurisdiction under the guidance of supervising officers as per the existing criminal laws of the land.
- To file cases (FIR) following primary investigation held by expert police officials.
- To investigate cases filed in police stations or sent from the court.
- To file General Diary (GD).
- To maintain law and order aiming at ensuring safety and secutity of mass people and their property.
- To issue police clearance certificate.
- To investigate verification report
- To investigate passport issues
- To investigate different complainants
- Submitting police report to the court.
- VIP and VVIP protection.
- To observe Open House Day in the presence of supervising officers.
- To enhance the works of community policing in the area of jurisdiction.
Number of Sangtioned Police Officers and Force:
|Rank||Number of Posts|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (unarmed)||03|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (armed)||02|