Manikchhari Police Stations
Manikchhari Police Station was established in1980. It has an area of 168.65 square kilometer with a population of 38479 as per 1991 Bangladesh Census. It borders to the north Ramgarh Police Station, to the south and west Fatikchhari Police Station of Chittagong and to the east Lakshmichhari Police Station. It comprises of 02 Union Councils, 11 mouzas and 120 villages. It has one Camp – Dainchhari.
Activities of Thana Police:
- Prevention and detection of crimes and preservation of peace in the area of jurisdiction under the guidance of supervising officers as per the existing criminal laws of the land.
- To file cases (FIR) following primary investigation held by expert police officials.
- To investigate cases filed in police stations or sent from the court.
- To file General Diary (GD).
- To maintain law and order aiming at ensuring safety and secutity of mass people and their property.
- To issue police clearance certificate.
- To investigate verification report
- To investigate passport issues
- To investigate different complainants
- Submitting police report to the court.
- VIP and VVIP protection.
- To observe Open House Day in the presence of supervising officers.
- To enhance the works of community policing in the area of jurisdiction.
Number of Sangtioned Police Officers and Force:
|Rank||Number of Posts|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (unarmed)||02|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector (armed)||02|
List and Tenure of Officers in Charges: