Duties and Responsibilities of Officer-in-Charge:
- Prevention and detection of crimes and preservation of peace in the area of jurisdiction under the
- guidance of supervising officers as per the existing criminal laws of the land.
- To file cases (FIR) following primary investigation held by expert police officials U/S 154 CRPC-1898 & U/R 243 PRB-1943.
- To investigate cases filed in police stations or sent from the court U/S 156 CrPC-1898,
- To file General Diary (GD) U/S 155 CRPC-1898, 377 PRB-1943, 44 POLICE ACT-1861.
- To maintain law and order aiming at ensuring safety and security of mass people and their property.
- To issue police clearance certificate under DSB Manual-1919.
- To investigate verification report
- To investigate passport issues
- To investigate different complainants
- Submitting police report to the court U/S 173 CRPC-1898 and U/R 272,275 PRB-1943
- VIP and VVIP protection.
- To observe Open House Day in the presence of supervising officers.
- To enhance the works of community policing in the area of jurisdiction.