As a Circle Addl SP my dutioes and responsidities are described below:
- Responsible for the supervision, control and general rfficiency of all police work and for the prevention and detection of crime.
- Exercise the same power throughout my circle as an Officer-in-charge of a police station within the limits of my station.
- Responsible for the peace of the circle and for the proper performance of their duties by my subordinates.
- Initiate proceedings against defaulters in cases calling for major punishment.
- Secure full and hearty cooperation between the officers of bordering Police station and see that lists of criminals, both active and suspected, are sent to bordering Police-stations.
- Ascertain the criminal areas in my circle and pay particular attention to them.
- Stuby the diaries of all cases occurring in those areas.
- Arrange for the proper patrolling of areas both by the regular frequent surprise visits.
- See that warrants, proclamations and attachment orders are issued against absconders and that necessary steps are taken dor rheir arrest.
- Take special note of the progress of important cases and be ready to assist in any investigation where my assistance is required.
- See thet each case is fully and properly investigated and that all possible steps are taken to ensure detection.
- Keep a watch on the work of junior and in experienced officers and try to train them in the right path: instruct them in the modus operandi of different classes of criminals, in the avoidance of the errors to which in my experience young officers are prone in preventive and detective work, and in the importance of local knowledge.
- Render all assistance possible to investigating officers by suggestions and advice, culled from the storehouse of his greater experience.
- Keep Superintendent of Police informed of all matters connected with the police work of my circle.
- Maintain close contact with Court Officers, whether the latter work in subordination to me or not.
- Pay particular attention to the matter of surveillance over bad characters, in order to ascertain whether the right men are being looked after and satisfy myself, by local enquiry whenever necessary, that all active criminal, whether convicted or suspected, are under surveillance, and that the surveillance is effective and not merely nominal.
- Look into the working of the Arms and Excise Acts.
Khagrachhari Circle was established in 1984. It consists of 4 Police Stations. They are: are Dighinala, Khagrachhari Sadar, Mahalchhari, Panchhari, They Office of Khagrachhari Circle is situated in Khagrachhari Sadar Police Station The first ASP Circle was Mr. Mamataz Uddin Sarkar from 01-04-1984 to 28-07-1986. The present ASP Khagrachhari Circle is Mr. Md. Raichh Uddin. He joined the office 08-06-2015.
List and Tenure of ASP/ADDL SP Khagrachari Circle
|1||Md. Momtaz Uddin Sarkar||11-04-1984 to 28-07-1986|
|2||Md. Allah Box||28-07-1986 to 12-11-1988|
|3||A.F.M Abu Bakkar Siddik||12-11-1988 to 27-08-1989|
|4||A.B.M Obaydul Haque||27-08-1989 to 03-08-1991|
|5||Fatema Begum||11-02-1992 to 28-02-1993|
|6||Mesbah Uddin||11-02-1992 to 28-02-1993|
|7||Md. Obaydur Rahman Khan||28-02-1993 to 09-09-1995|
|8||Khandpker Golam Faruk||09-09-1995 to 22-11-1997|
|9||Md. Rejaul Karim||01-04-1998 to 08-03-1999|
|10||Devdas Bhattacharjjo||25-09-1999 to 08-02-2001|
|11||Md. Nazrul Hossen||08-02-2001 to 25-05-2003|
|12||Md. Atikul Rahman||04-06-2003 to 31-08-2003|
|13||Habibur Rahman Khan||05-09-2003 to 01-05-2004|
|14||Md. Shamsul Kabir||13-07-2004 to 12-05-2005|
|15||Uttam Kumar Pal||14-07-2005 to 12-09-2006|
|16||Md. Tarek Ahmed||06-09-2006 to 11-04-2009|
|17||Md Maksuder Rahman||29-03-2009 to 29-07-2010|
|18||Al Asad Mohammad Mahfujul Islam||26-07-2010 to 08-06-2012|
|19||Kanon Kumar Devnath||08-06-2012 to 23-09-2012|
|20||Md. Anower Hossen||23-09-2012 to 30-01-2013|
|21||Md. Tanvir Salehin Emon||08-01-2013 to 08-06-2013|
|22||Mohammad Sarowar Alam||15-09-2013 to 20-05-2015|
|23||Md. Roish Uddin|
|22||Mohammad Aftab Uddin||27-02-2018 to 04-09-2018|
|22||Rownak Alam||14-10-2018 to 22-08-2020|
|22||Jiniya Chakma||27-10-2020 to present|