Additional Superintendent of Police
Duties and Responsibilities of Add SP (PRB-39, 40):
- The Additional Superintendent is the second in command of a district or a unit in subordinate alliance
with the Superintendent. When one of them is absent from headquarters the other shall do his current work.
- As per PRB, the Superintendent may at his discretion employ an Additional Superintendent on any duty and may delegate to him the power to dispose of any less important work.
- The Superintendent shall, if necessary, consult the Deputy Inspector-General when detemuning the duties ordinarily to be performed by the Additional Superintendent.The Superintendent and the Additional Superintendent shall meat constantly to discuss Intelligence Branch work in order to keep each other posted in all its phases.
- Additional Superintendent may supervise criminal administration as per instructioins of the Superintendent.
- Additional Superintendent may maintain the cash account as per the instructions and supervision of the Superintendent.
- He shall tour throughout the district or the area of jurisdiction on the instructions of the Superintendent.
- An Additional Superintendent may write confidential reports under regulation 76 upon officers with whom he is in close contact; but they shall be subject to the Superintendent’s control and remarks.
List and Tenure of Additional Superintendent of Police:
The first Additional Superintendent of Police was Mr. Md. Mazharul Islam BPM from 01-01-1983 to 21-07-1984. At presents Additional Superintendent of Police is Md. Anayet Hossain Mannan. He joined Khagrachhari on 16-04-2014. The names and tenure of Additional Superintendents of Police of Khagrachhari Hill District from beginning to date are: